Artists for Conservation
share

The Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum

The Hiram Blauvelt Art Museum (HBAM) was established in 1957 by the Blauvelt Demarest Foundation, a legacy of the late Hiram Blauvelt, philanthropist, conservationist and collector. Through the contributions of his private wildlife and big game collections, he hoped to promote the cultural value of wildlife art and the need for the conservation of its subjects. Located in an 1893 cedar shingle and turret style carriage house, the museum is one of only five museums in the United States dedicated solely to wildlife art. The Blauvelt’s permanent collection, while focusing on the works of contemporary artists, includes the deceased masters of the genre, as well as an Audubon folio.

Artists for Conservation
© Copyright 2017 Artists for Conservation Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved. "Artists for Conservation", "AFC" and the butterfly logo are registered trademarks of Artists for Conservation Foundation, Inc. AFC International Foundation is a registered charity in Canada (860891761 RR 0001).